Monday, November 11, 2013

Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip

Football season is in full swing, and that means tailgate season is too.  This can mean lots of unhealthy foods, dips, and treats.  So I thought I would share my favorite healthy tailgate recipe!  This is my mom's amazing buffalo chicken dip with my healthy spin on it.  Even my brother (who doesn't generally like my healthy cooking) loves this recipe.  He can't even tell the difference between my healthy version and the original!


Healthy Buff Chick Dip

2 C. Cooked chicken breasts - shredded
8 oz. Plain greek yogurt
6 oz. (3/4 C.) Frank's Red Hot sauce
1/2 C. Fat-Free Ranch
1/2 C. 2% Reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

Combine greek yogurt, Red Hot, and ranch in a saucepan and bring to a slight boil.  Take off heat and add the shredded chicken. Put into an 8x8 baking dish.  Top with cheese and cover with foil.  Bake at 350 for 30 min.

Options:

  • I usually just add the cheese with the chicken and eat it right away without baking
  • To make it healthier: make without the cheese (I think it tastes just as good!)
  • Instead of using Fat-Free Ranch you can make your own ranch substitute by mixing plain greek yogurt with a ranch packet (I don't use the whole packet)

Eat with baked or multigrain chips to make it extra healthy!  I prefer the HyVee Multi Grain chips.





No comments:

Post a Comment